14 June 2008

11 Questions with... Jill Sobule


Today we introduce a new feature to the blog... "11 Questions with..."  We will pick a handful of folks and pose the same 11 questions to 'em...  An exercise in psychology?  Mindless entertainment?  An innovative insight into the creative mind?  Nah, just a concept I saw in a magazine recently and thought I'd steal...

The first victim is songwriter goddess Jill Sobule.  Jill needs no introduction. 

 
1. Use the word "antidisestablishmentarianism" in a sentence.

James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, and proponent of antidestablishmentarianism, has been found guilty of a church and state violation while engaging in illegal bingo and swinger parties on church premisses.

2. Please list your favorite movie, tv show, and snack food.

My Man Godfrey, Mad Men, butterscotch pudding

3. What book should we be reading?

Nixonland by Rick Perlstein

4. I say tomato, you say...

Red Scare!

5. What was your most memorable gig?

Singing a Neil Diamond song honoring him at a Songwriters Hall of Fame Show.  At the end of the evening, I got up with Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Bobbie Womack, Carole King, and Neil to sing "Kansas City" - Leiber and Stoller were also honored.  James Taylor was next to me, leaned over and whispered, "can you believe who we are up here with?".  That was very surreal.

6. Who is your fantasy musical collaborator? Living or dead.

Hmmm, maybe Paul, Brian, Bobbie, Carole, Neil and James.  Oh, and Tom Leher.

7. What is the most "unlikely" record/cd that you love?

I love the new one that I just mixed.  I got my fans to pitch in and donate.  Check out Jillsnextrecord.com

8. What was the first record you ever owned?

Hmmm, that's a tough one.  One that I bought myself or one that my big brother or dad got me?  It had to be a Beatles record any which way.

9. Have a song you wish you'd written?

I wish that I had written that "Clang Clang" that plays every other minute on all the Law and Orders.  I bet Mike Post gets paid every time it happens.

10. Soup or salad?

Salad.  And I am not afraid to say I love Iceberg.

11. "I think, therefore..."

a lot of time is wasted.

No comments: