14 June 2008

11 Questions with... Craig Northey


Using the magic of global internet technology we bring you an international chapter in our "11 Questions with..." series - this one with our pal Craig Northey, who lives in a magical, far-off land called "Canada" (pronounced can-a-da).  Canada is located somewhere between Narnia and Iowa.

Craig, of course, is the lead singer of legendary power-pop canucks the Odds.  Recently reformed as The New Odds, the boys have just released a brilliant new record called "Cheerleader" - you can pick it up at your local music retailer (if your town still has a local music retailer) or you can order a copy here.  It's a really, really great record.


1. Use the word "antidisestablishmentarianism" in a sentence.

Antidisestablishmentarianism is really really bad.

2. Please list your favorite movie, tv show, and snack food.

Charlie's Angels, Charlie's Angels, Charlie's Angels

3. What book should we be reading?

"How to Read Books" by... um... I can't remember

4. I say tomato, you say...

Salmonella.

5. What was your most memorable gig?

The last one at NXNE in Toronto.  It was just yesterday so it is clear in my memory.  Notables might be Los Angeles, Variety Arts with Zevon in '92.  In Madrid outdoors with Colin James 2006... whole crowd singing the encore.  Opening for Elvis Costello by myself a couple of years ago in Vancouver... what a "prove it" crowd.

6. Who is your fantasy musical collaborator? Living or dead.

Too many to list. I will be lost in this fantasy for the next ten minutes. Otis. Nick Lowe. Don DeLillo.

7. What is the most "unlikely" record/cd that you love?

Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. I know it's shit, but I still like it...

8. What was the first record you ever owned?

Beatles "Hey Jude"

9. Have a song you wish you'd written?

All of the one's I've written. Other people wrote them before and I just reassembled them..

10. Soup or salad?

Salad.

11. "I think, therefore..."

I get tired.

No comments: