17 May 2007

Some blogs are bigger than others...

My pal and coworker Josh and I were both independently inspired to start blogs... when I visit his page today (Married... with Blogen) to read his highly publicized first entry I discover something... the kid has written a great think-piece touching on Uncle Tupelo, hippies, and Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd, all tying nicely into a tale of a Band of Horses DNA split. I, on the other hand, have posted three YouTube videos and a picture of Brown Sugar Cinnamon PopTarts.

What we have here, ladies and gents, is a full-on case of Blog envy. I mean, I have stuff to say... loads of stuff. Why, just try it sometime without telling me... you know, just bring up a "topic" and watch me riff... politics, television, infections, pop tarts, you name it. But, somehow, trying to write something deep and profound on my very first blog site is no easy task. Pressure is on, and I am shooting literary blanks.

Soooooo... here is alls I got:

1. TV is good. It is not cool to say you don't watch it.
2. Trader Joe's has excellent Chicken Chili Verde burritos (wrap in a paper towel, 90 seconds on high, flip, repeat. I recommend La Victoria medium green taco sauce to complete the experience. Delicious.).
3. Dane Cook is NOT funny. Nor is Karl Rove.
4. The movie the 300 sucked balls. So did this season of 24, unfortunately.
5. LA punk rock is waaay better than NY punk rock (unless you are really into drum circles and world music. See "David Byrne," below).
6. Smoking is bad... but delicious. And kids, it does make you look cool. You choose: cool or tracheotomy? You know what to do. Black lung, shmlack lung...

Somewhere in the distance a dog barked...

No comments: